Wednesday 23 November 2011

Special Ears

It took me some time, lots of searching and patience, but I found a doll that wears hearing aids. I actually got it here in Korea, but it was through he US company Lakeshore Learning. Here she is;



Isobel was thrilled when she saw her and loves to show everyone she sees the 'special ears' that her doll has. She even refers to the doll as Special Ears, I know, not a conventional name for a doll, but we're going with it for now.

We have great hopes that this will ease the way into Isobel wearing her own hearing aids. She can see what they (kind of) look like, and she will have someone who will have the same special ears that she will have soon.

I just have to figure out how to turn the right hearing aid into a cochlear implant when it's time for her surgery...

1 comment:

  1. Isobel, you are a very brave girl and I know you will have a bright future. I will pray for you. The whole of SFBS, especially 5C will support you!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you...