Friday 9 December 2011

Learning Vertical

What a morning! It has been the most stressful morning to date. I just couldn't get Isobel's hearing aids in. The more I tried, the more I got stressed. The more I got stressed, the more they wouldn't go in. Time was ticking away and we were all at risk of being late for school. And, of course, that didn't help the stress levels.

I kept looking at them, and looking at them and they just didn't look right. Also, we had been having trouble with the right one giving a lot of feedback. Even when it was in her ear. I just couldn't figure it out. I was in such a pickle, that in the end I had to put them down and take a minute.

Once my composure had returned, I looked at them again. I held the mould up against Isobel's ear and realised it was a different shape. What an idiot! I had swapped the moulds over after Isobel had taken them apart the day of the concert. The poor kid had spent a whole day with squeaky, uncomfortable 'special ears' because mummy messed up.

Once switched back, I was able to insert them no problem and the squeaking stopped immediately.

Isobel was very happy and skipped off to school. I felt stupid and guilty and trudged off to school.

This is no learning curve, this is a learning vertical!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you...